Monday, September 20, 2010

Departure Gates

Everytime I travel, it's always a nice feeling to walk through the departure gates of any airport.
At Changi Airport, the feeling is usually good because I am a step nearer to my holiday destination. Furthurmore, the carpeted floor at the immigration, the big brand names of tax-free shopping is so welcoming.

At overseas' airports, the feeling is also good because I am heading back Home Sweet Home. No matter how much fun I had during the holiday, nothing beats HOME.

However, I have come to realise that there are moments of saddness at departure gates too. I have never experienced it until someone close chose to walk through that gate. Once you witness the "crossing over" to the other side, everything seems really far. We were just seperated by a glass wall, but it is a true real case of "So near, yet so far".
Of course, on the lighter side, there will be goodness coming out of this temporary seperation and hope that everything will work out smooth and good for her.
Luckily, we have the Internet now and contact is seamless with the likes of Facebook, MSN, Skype etc.
And I think that we are considered very lucky in Singapore as our departure gates are pretty much "happy-looking". Not just plain old walls or metal gates with glass panels. That will be really sad.

Anyway, life goes on as usual and I can't help but think of a song at this point in time.

Dedicated to my little sister:
放心离开我
我会记得这一刻
那些还飞翔着,
不可思议的梦

雨后的天空
会有深蓝的彩虹
像最初相信着,
我们总会找到自由。。。

No comments: