Thursday, October 22, 2009

The Urbanite Couple, Table for 2 and the Magnum

Its Thursday today! I am always (you can also say I choose to be) happy on thursdays because its Friday after today! hehehehe..
Today happened to be one of the few times where I could meet Greg for dinner. It was rather nice. He picked me from work and we decided to make our way to GWC, Cold Storage to do some marketing before heading home to do a mini cook-out. If you've been there, you will know what I mean. This Cold Storage outlet is clean and neat with shelves of foodstuff lined up neatly. They also have a wider range of exported brands, due to the expats living around the area.

However, our marketing plan was "hijacked" by the advert outside Crystal Jade. They serve steamboat now! We did the math and realise it will make more economic sense to eat out than to buy all the stuff and head home to cook.
As it is, the bill for dinner was slightly below $50, inclusive of drinks. I am quite sure this amount will not be able to buy us the same wide variety of food in the supermarket, not to mention the washing up after dinner. That will be quite priceless. Hmmmm.

Anyway, the "pick-wife-up-after-work", table for 2, mall-walking, all made complete with the atas groceries shopping make me feel like one of those urbanite couples in the urban world. It actually quite nice to do such stuff once in a while.


~Greg~

~Da~

-the sauce is important besides the stock, k... hur hur hur...

~ very see-rye-ious-ly in stirring the sauce.



- Halloween is coming and Cold Storage is selling Jack-o-Lanterns! Cute! I asked Greg to pose with the biggest pumpkin but I think he kinda roll his eyes at me and walked away to the meats section. Well...................





I had craving for Magnum and we bought it back for supper. I remember it used to cost only $3 something, but it's now selling at $11 for a pack of 3 magnums. Haagen Daz was selling for $25 for 2 packs, so I thought if Magnum was a lil over-priced? Anyway, it's really good and the occassional indulgence doesn't hurt, right? Hehe..

No comments: